Headquartered outside of Washington DC, cloudtamer.io is a leading cloud governance solution supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud across the Commercial and Government regions. cloudtamer.io is trusted worldwide for making customers’ journey to the cloud more efficient, secure, and transparent. If you’re a proven software engineering leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team and lead development of the product focused on capturing the market lead in cloud management tools. Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career!
The Director of Design & Engineering will lead our engineering department, refine our processes, and help us continue to build a great product. To be successful in this role, your background in software engineering should allow you to feel confident managing diverse teams of engineers and designers while also focusing on goal setting, budget development, and overseeing the implementation of our software roadmap from ideation to execution.
- Establish shared vision across the team by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution from ideation to delivery.
- Lead and mentor the software, QA, design, and DevOps teams to build stable, scalable, and industry-leading products.
- Supervise hiring within the engineering team to achieve high productivity.
- Maintain, prioritize, set expectations, and execute on the engineering roadmaps, presenting these on an as-needed basis to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Measure and continually improve development velocity, leveraging metrics and data with support of the project manager.
- Understand the company’s strategic and competitive market position and deliver features that position the platform at the forefront of the cloud management tools industry.
- Manage the department budget for engineering to align key hiring and investments against product and business milestones.
- Collaborate with sales, delivery and support, marketing, and engineering to identify key differentiators in features and ensure the team is well versed on these.
- Escalate priority feature and bug fix requests based on impact and criticality of issues determined by delivery and support.
- Continually learn and leverage new technologies, patterns, and practices; and identify use cases for applying them to product design and development.
WHAT WE ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU (I.E., THE QUALIFICATIONS YOU MUST HAVE):
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a director of engineering or similar management position in an engineering department, preferably in SaaS or with enterprise B2B software applications.
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, or GCP and modern software development technologies/architectures including containers/microservices, infrastructure as code, serverless, and stateless web applications.
- Experience leading and managing multiple software, QA, design, and DevOps teams concurrently with execution against a shared product roadmap.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring, motivating, and growing engineers to overcome both technical and non-technical challenges.
- Experience working within agile methodologies and processes including Scrum and using tools, including GitLab, to manage planning and execution.
- Experience developing and executing a strategic product direction.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE IN RETURN:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits, including top-of-the-line Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO healthcare coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee AND dependent’s premium for medical, dental, and vision!
- 3% of direct compensation contribution to your 401(k) (no match required).
- Generous time off that includes holidays, sick, and flexible PTO options to allow staff to spend time with friends and family.
- Quarterly innovation days to help work on new challenging problems collaboratively.
- Monthly lunches and happy hours to better connect with co-workers and talk about life outside of work.
- A small-team collaborative environment that fosters communication and innovation.
At cloudtamer.io, we are focused on making people's lives in the cloud easier through innovative products built by passionate employees. We are looking to add talented, motivated people to our team to help achieve this mission through the engineering, support, and delivery of our revolutionary cloudtamer.io cloud governance solution.
If you want to help organizations spend less time managing and governing their cloud, and more time using their cloud, you’ve come to the right place. Apply below and we’ll be in touch shortly!